Calling all Evansdale-Eaux Claires-Belle Rive residents!
You are welcome to attend our annual general meeting and discuss community interests. It’s also a great opportunity to provide your input about the Community League’s activities and its budget.
Hope to see you there!
Location: Evansdale Sport Building/Skate Shack, 9111-150Ave
Soccer registration dates are the following:
Tuesday, August 22 6:00-8:30
Tuesday, September 5 6:00-8:30
Saturday, September 9 11:00-4:00
At Evansdale Rink Shack 9111-150 ave
Registration for the indoor soccer season will be starting very soon and you are now able to register on-line via the EMSA portal (https://emsasoccerportal.com).
Please ensure you complete this registration before you attend the community registration on August 22, and September 5 & 9 at Evansdale rink shack.
Just a reminder that you are allowed to play in any community you want but you must first register on-line via your community and attend your communities registration session before you can be transferred to the community of your choice.
I will be at the hall on on Wednesday August 16 to help anyone having problems with the on-line registration only. Please tell all your friends of these dates who are thinking of registering their kids to play as we will not be as lenient with late registrations as last year. There is funding available through Jumpstart (http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/ ) and Kidsport (http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/).
- Register online in the EMSA Soccer Portal (https://emsasoccerportal.com). If you have played in the last 2 years you will have an account; new players must create an account.
- Print two copies of the player summary confirmation and bring them to registration. This printed copy will give you the date and address of the registration. If you can’t print the player summary, then ensure the player summary confirmation email is in your inbox on your mobile device.
- Attend your home community’s registration session to purchase a community membership (if necessary), sign up for a volunteer commitment, and pay your soccer registration fees.
- Please bring government ID to verify the player’s date of birth.
- Proof of address is required or a piece of mail with your Evansdale address on it.
- A signed but un-dated cheque is required to secure each volunteer service such as bingos, casinos, community events, and ENZSA.
- Please complete the on-line registration as soon as possible so we can get a general idea of the number of players we have. If you have any problems registering on the soccer portal there is an instructional video or e-mail me at email@example.com and I will walk you through the process.
- If you are wanting to transfer to another community, we advise to register as early as possible as we have had some communities reject transfers because their programs are full.
- Deposits for uniforms will be taken when the uniforms are handed out.
Evansdale Soccer Director
On June 3, Evansdale will officially unveil its second solar project at our annual Evansdale Family Solar Fun Day. It’s all part of the Eco-Solar Home tour 2017.
It’s a day of fun for the whole family. We’re having a solar/renewable energy coloring contest with some great prizes. Children are invited to draw or create a picture showing a form of renewable energy and bring the drawing to our Family Solar Fun Day. They could win a bike or prizes being donated by MLA Chris Nielsen.
Download, print, color and bring your work! Enter our Family Solar Fund Day coloring contest and win bike! Bring your completed work on June 3 – noon-4 pm. Deadline is 3 pm!
Download and bring your work on June 3: Win a bike! Evansdale Solar Colouring Contest 2017
Free Fun Event for All Ages:
- Free hot dogs and drinks for kids
- Renewable Energy Coloring Contest with great prizes!
- Bouncy arena for the kids
Solar Fun Day Features
- 26.3 kilowatt solar system – provides all of our electricity
- Electric Car Show and Shine – Tesla S, Nissan Leaf and more
- Meet solar expert Gordon Howell
- Learn about community solar with David Dodge
- MLA Chris Nielsen will be on hand
- Date: Saturday, June 3, 2017
- Time: noon – 4 pm
- Location: Evansdale Hall, 9111 150 Avenue
Evansdale is one of nine locations on the 2017 Eco-Solar Home tour and the only Community League!
Evansdale secured grants from Eco-City Edmonton and the Alberta MCCAC Solar Program which enabled the league to double the size of its solar system that now consists of 100 solar modules – 26.3 kilowatts of solar capacity. This makes the league net-zero on its electricity use – solar provides all of the electricity required by the league on a net annual basis.
Evansdale has also added LED lights to its rink which saves about 65 percent on the cost of lighting the rink. Also planned this year is lighting retrofit in the main hall where nearly all of our lights will be replaced with LEDs, further reducing our energy use and emissions from league operations.
If you’re curious about electric vehicles, we already have a Tesla S and a Nissan Leaf lined up for our Electric Vehicle Show and Shine. Join us for a fund day of activities and learn about electric cars and solar energy at the same time!
For the whole family! Free event. Monday April 17 at Evansdale Hall 9111- 150 Ave.