On June 3, Evansdale will officially unveil its second solar project at our annual Evansdale Family Solar Fun Day. It’s all part of the Eco-Solar Home tour 2017.
It’s a day of fun for the whole family. We’re having a solar/renewable energy coloring contest with some great prizes. Children are invited to draw or create a picture showing a form of renewable energy and bring the drawing to our Family Solar Fun Day. They could win a bike or prizes being donated by MLA Chris Nielsen.
Download and bring your work on June 3: Win a bike! Evansdale Solar Colouring Contest 2017
Free Fun Event for All Ages:
- Free hot dogs and drinks for kids
- Renewable Energy Coloring Contest with great prizes!
- Bouncy arena for the kids
Solar Fun Day Features
- 26.3 kilowatt solar system – provides all of our electricity
- Electric Car Show and Shine – Tesla S, Nissan Leaf and more
- Meet solar expert Gordon Howell
- Learn about community solar with David Dodge
- MLA Chris Nielsen will be on hand
- Date: Saturday, June 3, 2017
- Time: noon – 4 pm
- Location: Evansdale Hall, 9111 150 Avenue
Evansdale is one of nine locations on the 2017 Eco-Solar Home tour and the only Community League!
Evansdale secured grants from Eco-City Edmonton and the Alberta MCCAC Solar Program which enabled the league to double the size of its solar system that now consists of 100 solar modules – 26.3 kilowatts of solar capacity. This makes the league net-zero on its electricity use – solar provides all of the electricity required by the league on a net annual basis.
Evansdale has also added LED lights to its rink which saves about 65 percent on the cost of lighting the rink. Also planned this year is lighting retrofit in the main hall where nearly all of our lights will be replaced with LEDs, further reducing our energy use and emissions from league operations.
If you’re curious about electric vehicles, we already have a Tesla S and a Nissan Leaf lined up for our Electric Vehicle Show and Shine. Join us for a fund day of activities and learn about electric cars and solar energy at the same time!