Council Parks Amenity Program Funding available! This program provides benches, trees, and picnic tables for City parkland in need of that infrastructure. If you think our neighbourhood has a need for any of these items, please reach out to our community league (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday, March 14th. Thanks!
Submit a poem about spring! Enter to win a beautiful spring bouquet and to see your poem published in the next issue of the Northeast Voice. The contest is open to all residents of the Northeast Edmonton community. Submit your entries to email@example.com. Deadline is March 23, 2018.
Registration dates are the following:
Thursday February 22 6:30-8:30pm
Thursday March 1 6:30-8:30pm
Saturday March 10 10:30am-2:30pm
At Evansdale Rink Shack 9111-150 ave
Just a reminder that you are allowed to play in any community you want but you must first register on-line via your community and attend your community’s registration session before you can be transferred to the community of your choice.
We will accept late registrations but will not be as lenient with late registrations fees as we have been in the past. There is funding available from Jumpstart (http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/) and Kidsport (http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/).
1. Register online in the EMSA Soccer Portal. If you have played in the last 3 years, you will have an account. New players must create an account (https://emsasoccerportal.com).
2. Print 2 copies of the player summary confirmation and bring them to registration. This printed copy will give you the date and address of the registration as well as a list of all the items to bring to complete the registration. If you can’t print the player summary, then ensure the player summary confirmation email is in your inbox on your mobile device.
3. Attend the Evansdale registration session at 9511-150 ave to purchase a community membership (if necessary), sign up for a volunteer commitment (or pay out the commitment fee), and pay your registration fees.
4. Please bring government ID to verify the player’s date of birth.
5. Proof of address is required – a piece of ID or mail with your Evansdale address on it.
6. A signed but undated cheque is required to secure each volunteer service such as bingos, casinos, community events, and ENZSA.
7. Please complete the on-line registration as soon as possible so we can get a general idea of the number of players we have. If you have any problems registering on the soccer portal, there is an instructional video or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will walk you through the process.
8. If you are wanting to transfer to another community, I advise you to register as early as possible as we have had some communities reject transfers if their programs are full.
9. Deposits for uniforms will be taken when the uniforms are handed out by the coaches and not at registration. The uniform deposit will be $50.00.
10. Late registration fee of $24 will be charged after the last registration on March 10.
Ray, the Community Soccer Director, will be at the hall on Tuesday, Feb 13 from 7:00- 9:00 to help anyone having problems with the on-line registration or funding questions.
If you have any questions, please email Ray at email@example.com.
The Evansdale community rink hours are as follows:
Monday to Friday: 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Saturday: noon to 9:00 pm
Sunday: noon to 6:00 pm
Rinks closes at -20°C including windchill. Please call 780-478-2577 to confirm schedule.
Skate tags are available by purchasing a community membership or presenting a valid community membership card. Those without tags will be charged $3/adult and $2/child or student.
Hope to see you there!
Mark Your Calendars!
The Community League will be hosting a Winter Wonderland Festival on Saturday, December 2 from 4:00pm – 7:00 pm, Evansdale Hall, complete with a pancake supper, sleigh rides, face painting, caricature, crafts, and (new) fire pit. Enjoy an evening skate on our ice rink too!